All project partners met in Ljubljana, Slovenia, hosted by the University of Ljubljana and held at the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport and City Hotel Ljubljana.
The objectives of the meeting were the following;
- Present the final results of the literature review and survey on PA monitoring systems among EU MS (Phase I);
- Present the final version of the manual of operations for monitoring physical activity, sport participation and sedentary behavior (Phase II);
- Build capacity among partner Member States, on the use of accelerometers from the UKK institute;
- Present the protocol for the assessment of validity of the physical activity questionnaires included in the project;
- Fine-tune details regarding the implementation of the data collection in all participating countries.
The meeting was successful in terms of achieving the above mentioned objectives, and project partners are now preparing the necessary details to begin the data collection.
Moreover, the Minister of Education, Science and Sport, Dr. Maja Makovec Brenčič, was present at the meeting to show her and the Ministry’s support to the project.
Project partners thank the Ministry and the Slovenian team, for being fantastic hosts, and facilitating such a fruitful meeting.